The World of S88
This site section is for those who eat, drink, and sleep S88
Welcome to the world of S88. There’s so little to learn and do, and so much time.
Uh, strike that; reverse it.
Let’s keep an open mind about S88
People make a lot of assumptions about the standard, and those tend to get in the way of using S88 to its fullest potential. So, please allow us to make these key points to clear up some misperceptions:
- S88 is not about automation – The standard helps you segment (modularize) your processes and provide frameworks for instructions (recipes); how much you automate is up to you and may depend on the type of process you are trying to control
- S88 is not just for batch processes – S88 is a powerful standard for sequencing any process: batch, continuous, or discrete (Yeah, yeah, we know: perhaps we should think about changing the name of our site? But, it’s such an easy-to-remember and cool name…)
- S88 can be applied beyond manufacturing – There are so many sequencing applications (batch or otherwise) that are not manufacturing processes
What you will find in this section
Here’s the line up:
- Online tutorials for learning about S88.01 and some of the design tools it uses
- A discussion of the standard’s benefits and how to justify its use (in other words, how to sell S88)
- A collection of links to various magazine articles that discuss who’s using the standard, how it’s applied, and benefits companies are experiencing
- Links to World Batch Forum white papers on S88
We’re always thinking about expanding our collection of (useful) information. If you have ideas, we would love to hear from you.