Magazine Articles on S88
There is a large collection of batch control articles in industry literature. Below is a list of some works.
- Drive Integration with Standards – As companies find many reasons to integrate data from process manufacturing and packaging with each other and with the rest of the company’s business applications, engineers are turning to standards and models from the Instrumentation, Systems and Automation Society (ISA), OMAC Packaging Workgroup and the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) for help.
- Batch Control Sets the Standard – It has been nearly a decade since the Instrumentation, Systems and Automation Society (ISA) introduced S88, its first standard for batch control systems. It’s still integral in optimizing operations today.
- Better Control of Batch – Standards that leverage open computer architecture hold promise of significantly greater batch processing automation.
- Déjà vu – Control Machine control often involves a Tower of Babel of programming languages, but suppliers are responding to manufacturers’ demands for a common look and feel.
- Recipes for Integration – Consensus is building in the food industry for standardized integration solutions between the front office and the shop floor.